I love the mint chocolate flavour combo. It’s such a classic and so versatile – cookies, ice cream, slices, cakes and … smoothies? YAAASSSS! Big, big yes to this mint chocolate chip smoothie.
If you want extra indulgence, the go this Raw Mint Chocolate Cheesecake – you will not regret it!
This smoothie uses real mint leaves for that fresh flavour (it makes a difference, so try to use fresh mint over mint extract/essence if possible); and like the Cookies n’ Cream Smoothie I shared recently, a decadent raw chocolate blitzed through at the end for those amazing chocolate chips.
Did I mention this also packs in a serve of veggies? Yup, there’s a good handful of spinach in there – may as well get some extra nutrients in as well as naturally colouring it green. That’s a win-win for sure!
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen avocado
- 1 [url href=”https://zoetattersall.juiceplus.com.au/buy/complete/juice-plus–complete-variety” target=”_blank”]Vanilla Complete Sachet[/url]
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- [i]Raw chocolate (for 2 serves)[/i]
- 50g [url href=”https://bit.ly/organic-coconutoil” target=”_blank”]organic coconut oil[/url]
- 2 tbsp [url href=”https://bit.ly/dcn-raw-cacao” target=”_blank”]raw cacao powder[/url]
- 2 tbsp [url href=”https://bit.ly/iHerb-ricemaltsyrup” target=”_blank”]rice malt syrup[/url]
- Slice and freeze your bananas overnight.
- Make the raw chocolate by melting the coconut oil over low heat, then whisking in the raw cacao powder and rice malt syrup until smooth.
- Pour into a tray lined with baking paper and set in the fridge. Once set, break into chunks and store in the freezer in an airtight container.
- To make the smoothie, add all the ingredients to a [url href=”https://www.omniblendaustralia.com.au/omniblend-australia-shop/ref/68/” target=”_blank”]high-powered blender[/url], except the raw chocolate. Blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Tip: put the spinach in first.
- Add a few chunks of the raw chocolate (as much as you dare!) and pulse until you have small pieces throughout the smoothie. Don’t blend it totally smooth.
- Pour into glasses or jars and top with fresh mint leaves and extra raw chocolate or cacao nibs.