Holla to all the mint chocolate lovers out there!
This Raw Mint Chocolate Cheesecake is SUPER yummy.
I even managed to sneak in some spinach – YUP – dessert with veggies, just like this Raw Carrot Cake. How can you possibly feel guilty eating a raw treat that has vegetables in it too?!
The fresh mint leaves MAKE this, so please don’t skimp and use peppermint flavouring. If you really truly cannot get hold of fresh mint leaves, then get some peppermint essential oil.
I’m loving the activated buckwheat in the base. It gives a lovely little crunch to each mouthful and reminds of those peppermint crisp bars (can’t remember what they are called?).
Anyway, if you’re a mint chocolate fan, then you are going to absolutely love this recipe.
- 5 organic medjool dates
- 1/2 cup activated buckwheat
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1 tbsp [url href=”https://au.iherb.com/pr/Navitas-Organics-Organic-Cacao-Powder-16-oz-454-g/8254?rcode=TDT311″ target=”_blank”]raw cacao powder[/url]
- [i]Cheesecake layer[/i]
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup [url href=”https://au.iherb.com/pr/Sunfood-Raw-Organic-Cacao-Butter-1-lb-454-g/50400?rcode=TDT311″ target=”_blank”]raw cacao butter[/url], melted
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt / cream
- 8-12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- [i]Chocolate topping[/i]
- 100g [url href=”https://au.iherb.com/pr/Sunfood-Raw-Organic-Cacao-Butter-1-lb-454-g/50400?rcode=TDT311″ target=”_blank”]raw cacao butter[/url]
- 1 tbsp [url href=”https://au.iherb.com/pr/Nutiva-Organic-Coconut-Oil-Virgin-23-fl-oz-680-ml/47360″ target=”_blank”]coconut oil[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”https://au.iherb.com/pr/Navitas-Organics-Organic-Cacao-Powder-16-oz-454-g/8254?rcode=TDT311″ target=”_blank”]raw cacao powder[/url]
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2-3 tbsp coconut cream
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with enough baking paper to overlap two sides of the pan.
- To make the base, place the melted cacao butter, dates, almond meal, buckwheat and raw cacao powder in a food processor and whiz to a coarse paste. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared pan, then transfer to the freezer to firm up.
- For the cheesecake filling, place the melted cacao butter, rice malt, coconut yoghurt, drained cashews and fresh mint leaves in a [url href=”https://zomt.com.au/product/omniblend-1″ target=”_blank”]high-speed blender[/url] and whiz to a smooth paste. Add the baby spinach and blend again until combined. Spread the mixture evenly over the chilled base, then return to the freezer to firm up.
- Once your cheesecake is set, make the chocolate topping. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a hot knife (dip into boiling water and dry with a tea towel in between slices), cut into 18 bars. Drizzle or pour the chocolate topping over each piece as desired. Keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.