My new favourite raw treat! Raw Passionfruit Lime Cheesecake is just a deliciously zesty as it sounds. I think it’s even better than my Raw Vegan Snickers Slice and this amazing Mint Chocolate Raw Cheesecake (although those are equally amazing too).
It’s got a fabulously crunchy (almost biscuit like) base, a creamy cheesecake bursting with that zesty lime and passion fruit flavour that lends itself to tropical summer vibes. It’s like biting into an island holiday.
Although this packs a flavour punch, it’s not a heavy taste and it definitely doesn’t feel too rich like so many raw treats can. You might have to show some extra restraint around this as you will find yourself reaching for seconds.
With summer just around the corner, I can see myself enjoying a piece of this Raw Passionfruit Lime Cheesecake by the pool with a peach ice tea in hand!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup [url href=”https://au.iherb.com/pr/Eden-Foods-Organic-Buckwheat-Hulled-Whole-Grain-16-oz-454-g/29814?rcode=TDT311″ target=”_blank”]activated buckwheat[/url]
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp [url href=”https://bit.ly/iHerb-ricemaltsyrup” target=”_blank”]rice malt syrup[/url]
- 1/3 cup [url href=”https://bit.ly/dcn-cacao-butter” target=”_blank”]raw cacao butter[/url]
- 250g cashews, soaked overnight
- 400g tin of organic coconut cream (no liquid)
- 60g [url href=”https://bit.ly/iHerb-ricemaltsyrup” target=”_blank”]rice malt syrup[/url]
- 1/2 cup [url href=”https://bit.ly/dcn-cacao-butter” target=”_blank”]raw cacao butter[/url]
- Juice x 1 lime
- Zest x 2 limes (set aside 1/2 for topping)
- 2 x passionfruit
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with enough baking paper to overlap two sides of the pan.
- To make the base, place the melted cacao butter, coconut, almond meal, buckwheat and rice malt syrup in a food processor and whiz to a coarse paste. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared pan, then transfer to the freezer to firm up.
- For the cheesecake filling, place the melted cacao butter, rice malt syrup, coconut cream (see note), drained cashews, lime juice, lime zest and the passion fruit seeds in a [url href=”https://www.omniblendaustralia.com.au/omniblend-australia-shop/ref/68/” target=”_blank”]high-speed blender[/url] and whiz to a smooth paste. Pour the mixture evenly over the chilled base spreading out evenly, then pop in the freezer to firm up.
- Once your cheesecake is set, use a hot knife (dip into boiling water and dry with a tea towel in between slices), cut into long pieces.
- Keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.